Serve up a Sizzling Breakfast with Big Al’s
Booming Breakfast Trends
The breakfast market is booming and has evolved into a much wider dining experience, from quick on-the-go options to extravagant brunches. Breakfast and brunch is no longer limited to just the morning, but has expanded across the entire day, with outlets now incorporating all-day breakfast dishes on their menus to satisfy ‘Breakfastarians’ – those who are looking for breakfast dishes throughout the day.
In the last year, the total value of the breakfast occasion has grown to a staggering £11.6 billion. To profit from this occasion operators need to perfect their morning and all-day menus.
Start your day right with these top breakfast trends!
- Make your offering diverse – Serving a breakfast menu that can consumed both on-the-go or as a sit down meal will help broaden your customer appeal.
- All-day awareness – If you offer an all-day breakfast then make sure your customers know! Use point of sale material to advertise your all-day breakfast dishes or ensure staff inform customers whilst they browse the menu.
- Speed if key – for those looking to grab and go ensure your breakfast products can be prepared, packaged quickly and allow ease of consumption on the move.
Ready, Set, Go
The grab and go breakfast market has grown 9.5% to 263m occasions over the last year and is expected to be worth £23.6 billion by 2022. Creating a menu to suit this growing market is key to driving profit.
So just what’s hot, and what’s not, at breakfast time:
- Savoury breakfast – savoury options such as breakfast sandwiches are continuing to see growth within the market. Breakfast muffins, bagels, and of course the traditional full English are ideal on menus.
- Sweet or savoury, let your customers choose – Along with the rise in savoury, breakfast favourites such as waffles and pancakes can be consumed with either sweet or savoury toppings allowing customers to personalise their choice and operators to upsell extras, building profits.
- Power of protein – Meat based breakfasts are perfect for providing protein, but for those looking to consume their protein differently, offerings like a protein bowls packed with nuts, egg and greens is an ideal alternative.
Build Your Own Sausage Patty
The Big Al’s Sausage Patty is an extremely versatile product offering a unique, trend-led proposition that operators can upsell by allowing consumers to customise with delicious toppings and condiments, choosing how they wish it to be served with a range of premium items.
For a traditional breakfast bite, serve our Big Al’s Sausage Patty with a cheese slice, an omelette (we recommend Framptons muffin) and ketchup, all encased in a soft English Breakfast Muffin.
Treat diners to an indulgent brunch treat, layer a toasted brioche bun with a bed of spinach, the Sausage Pattie, cheese, a poached egg and drizzle of hollandaise sauce.
Big Al’s Sausage Patty is just one of the many products well suited to a variety of sectors, from stadia and leisure venues, through to universities and pubs – add to menus now!
Supersize your Sausage Patty Sales
At Big Al’s we want to help you maximise your sales and so we have developed a range of point of sale material for you to use in your venue. From posters to table toppers, you can download Big Al’s bespoke POS to suit your venue offering perfectly. Here at Big Al’s we also cater to larger venues and have fittings to help boost your sales. For further information on the Big Al’s range or to access your free POS Kit visit our website here
Find out more about the delicious Sausage Patty here
Discover Big Al’s full product range
 Kantar Worldpanel
 Kantar Worldpanel