Big Al’s Steam Cooked Chicken Chilli Curry
- 2 Large Onion, roughly chopped
- 6cm root ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 600g can chopped tomatoes
- 800g potato, peeled & cut into rough chunks
- 1200g Big Al’s Chicken Fillet cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Blitz the onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor with 2 tbsp water until smooth.
- Fry the cumin seeds in oil for a few seconds.
- Add the onion paste and brown over a medium heat.
- Add a dash of water if it starts to catch.
- Mix in the turmeric and chilli.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and 500ml hot water. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add Big Al’s Chicken Fillet and garam masala. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix in coriander.